FOCHUS depends on their volunteers to effectively accomplish their vision to empower the Montagnard people to learn, serve, and lead. There are a number of ways you can help:
1. Assist with homework. Every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, students spend time at FOCHUS Academy completing their homework assignments. Volunteers are needed who can commit at least one hour a week to offer a helping hand and checking homework.
2. Tutoring. Some students need extra attention with certain subjects. Qualified volunteers are needed to offer tutoring services for students in need.
3. Student Mentoring: A mentor steps into a child’s inner world and really gets to know him or her, helping them to become fully equipped to make wise choices in every area of their life. This is definitely the most challenging way to connect with FOCHUS, but also the most fulfilling and fruitful.
4. Family Mentoring: Family mentors get to know student families and offers to help them navigate bureaucracies, understand mail, and make wise decisions about everyday life.
5. Board members: We are currently looking to strengthen and expand our Board of Directors. If you feel strongly that our program is worthwhile and would like to work with us to help it grow, we would like to talk with you.
The work of FOCHUS is dependent upon the prayers and support of those in the community who share the vision of empowering the Montagnard people to learn, serve, and lead. Of all the refugee groups who have come to America, none are a part of our history in the same way as the Montagnards. Our nation owes them a debt of gratitude. Help us to repay that debt by making a tax-deductible contribution to the work of FOCHUS. You can designate which program you would like to support, or you can just mark it to be used where it is most needed.
2225 Freedom Drive
Charlotte, NC 28208